Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. In an effort to help my body heal, I’ve cut out many inflammatory foods. Gluten & dairy were the first ones to go. Im sort of obsessed with cookies… you know what cookies are made from? Yup. Loads of gluten and dairy. I found a fancy cookie mix that costs a million dollars and makes like 12 cookies, but when you’re desperate you do what you gotta do. I live about 30-40 minutes from the closest grocery store that carried them so one rainy night in an act of desperation, I made up my own recipe! Guess what?! They were good!! a few minor tweaks with the next batch and I’d classify them as GREAT!
Have you tried gluten free cookies? They’re often hard, crispy, & crumbly or have a gritty sandy texture. Which leaves alot to be desired and you find yourself wondering why you are even eating them?? These are delicious. You seriously wouldn’t know they were gluten free & dairy free. They’re moist and yummy, not overly sweet, filling, and they don’t crumble all over the place. They are even good the next day but my favorite way to eat them is warm & fresh out of the oven.
My kids and husband eat them which is a blessing and a curse. I mean, I’m glad they’re good but leggo my special cookies! Let me preface this by saying I’m not a professional baker or food allergy specialist but these are super yummy and are made from things I regularly keep in my pantry…. Bonus points that they’re way cheaper than me buying that fancy gluten free cookie mix. And if you can’t tell I’m also not a food photographer so I don’t know how to make the amazingness of these cookies translate through photos but just trust me… YUMMMMMY!
- ½ Cup Whole Oats
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 ½ Cup Oats Ground (1 ¾ cup oat flour)
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla
- ⅓ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Add Oats, ground oats, almond flour, baking soda, salt into one bowl. Mix.
- Add in coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar into the same bowl. Mix
- Add in chocolate chips & mix again.
- I use a 2 Tbsp scooper to form the cookie balls and put them on parchment paper on my cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven 14-15 minutes @ 325 until they are barely golden brown around the bottom edge
- Try to wait till they cool off and then enjoy!!! Then put them in your secret hiding spot.