(Grain Free, Dairy Free)
I’ve always loved cookies. You can keep the cakes and the brownies and the pies. Give me a good batch of cookies any day of the week. Like really. Molasses crinkles, snickerdoodles,… but by far my fave are chocolate chip cookies!
A little over a year ago, I found out I had Hashimotos Disease. It’s an autoimmune thyroid disorder. My doctor automatically suggested I cut gluten and dairy. Since then I’ve found I feel even better when I cut grains…. but I missed the delicious chewy cookies!
If you’ve been around here long, you saw my Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. It’s delicious! But since cutting grains, I searched around and played a bit with recipes. I ended up tweaking a recipe from One Lovely Life. They are so yummy and chewy and delicious!
Well I’m just going to cut the fluff. These cookies are Dairy Free & Gluten Free. With a minor tweak you can make them paleo friendly.
I had a few friends asking for the recipe, so without future adieu.
Almond & Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar**
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Cassava Flour ***
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips. I like these.
• First mix the oil & sugar, then add the egg and vanilla extract & mix again. I just stir by hand.
• In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, & salt.
• Combine everything and then mix in chocolate chips.
• The dough may seem like it won’t stick together very well, but I use this scooper and press/scrape against the side of the bowl to pack it in. It makes the perfect size cookies and you don’t have to worry about sticky fingers.
•At this point , you can sprinkle some extra sea salt over the cookies.
• Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake @ 350 for about 8-10 minutes. They won’t look fully done but they will be slightly golden around the edges. If you wait till they look golden all over, they’ll be overcooked.
• Allow to cool and finish setting up! Enjoy! These last great for a few days, but are best warm from the oven!
I hope y’all LOVE these cookies! I think they’re even better than the gluten free ones! They still contain sugar so it’s not like a “health food” but it’s an awesome option for a treat.