Everyone likes to take naps as the cool wind blows in.
Archives for January 2011
Heather was waking Milo up from a deep sleep and she was doing some very scary crazy faces (kids turn your heads).
So the Booker grandparents arrived and got to see their first grandchild. It was a very fun day for them to get acquainted. However, the time was cut short because Heather and I had to drive across island for Milo’s newborn photo session. Aunt Kasey arrives tomorrow so Milo’s getting well rested before they take the island by storm.
We haven’t gotten a good video yet but Milo snorts, so in the meantime she does some other cute things.
So Milo has arrived at her new home and met her brother Oliver. Oliver still doesn’t know what to make of it all so he just smells her hair and lays down right next to Heather or me just to remind us that he was our first.
|Milo Day 2 and 3|
Wow, we haven’t posted anything since August. To our few faithful followers, we’re sorry there hasn’t been anything exciting to share… until now. The last post was a gender video for our expecting first child, now its D-Day (Delivery Day). It’s also a special day because our baby Milo will share a very special bond with her daddy- the same birthday. Milo was born on 19 Jan at 2:45pm at Castle Medical Center in Kailua Hi. She is 20 inches, 7lbs 7.8 oz and A LOT of hair. After about 29hrs of labor the world received a heavenly angel.
Our adventure time-line (yes J.R. recorded it all for this blog)
Tuesday 18 Jan
– 5:00am we woke up and had a relaxing morning while getting ready to
depart for the hospital.
– 6:48 am we left for the hospital
– 7:10 arrived at the hospital and was able to go straight to our room.
– 7:40 nurse Nikki came in to start the administration paperwork.
– 8:40 Dr. Bhattacharryra arrived to put in the Cervadil.
– 12:30pm Heather was having really uncomfortable contractions and wanted
to go for a walk.
– 12:50pm A few passes through the garden and resting for each contractions,
she suddenly felt a “pop” and when she leaned up water came out.
– 2:40pm Heather decided to sit in the shower for 45min and let warm
water help relax her.
– 4:50pm after laying in the bed with increasing contractions Heather
decides to go back to the shower for 55 min.
– 8:00pm After about another 3 hours enduring the pains in bed she went to
the shower a third time for 30min.
– 8:30pm the pain was too much after 12hrs and with so little time between
contractions she requested an epidural.
– 9:00pm the CNRA administers the epidural.
– 9:30pm the epidural kicks in and Heather is chipper as a little bird.
Wednesday 19 Jan
– 2:00am Pitocin was added.
– 8:15am Heather and an OK nights sleep but starts feeling pressure below.
– 11:30am nurse checks on wet spot and saw baby’s head at a +2.
– 1:40 Heather begins to push.
– 2:30 nurse calls for the Dr. to come down.
– 2:45 baby is delivered and put on Heathers chest.
– 3:05 Milo has her first feeding.